metaphacts GmbH is a young, innovative startup located in Walldorf, Germany, close to Heidelberg. We offer services and software products for intelligent data and knowledge management to international customers in areas such as cultural heritage, pharma, location-based services, and Industry 4.0. Our products build on Open Source technology, open standards, and state-of-the-art technologies such as high-performance graph databases and modern HTML5 based frontends.
What background skills should you bring in?You should have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline such as Information Management, Geo Informatics, Bio Informatics, or Web design with strong implementation skills (career changers with relevant background are welcome to apply as well). In addition, we are looking for someone with:
- Familiarity with version management systems, bug trackers, and agile development
- High amount of personal reliability and enthusiasm for your work
Which other technologies would be relevant for us?
- You should have good knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Modern Web technologies: Web Components, Typescript, NodeJS, Responsive Design, Reactive Programming (e.g. ReactJS/Flux), LESS
- Backend development with Java/Scala, REST-based services
- Data management, in particular semantic technologies (Semantic Web, RDF, SPARQL, OWL) and/or (graph) databases
- Frameworks for unit and integration testing
- DevOps tools and processes, virtualization (Docker, EC2), Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience in UI and UX design
- Development for mobile devices
What would your ordinary work day look like?
Well, at metaphacts no day is like the other. But this is what you would focus on:
- Create concepts and implement prototypes as well as product features – in the team, but also on your own responsibility
- Help to improve existing and establish new internal processes for quality assurance, documentation, and deployment
- Work in the context of exciting customer and research projects, including the option to take over project management responsibility in the future
Why should you choose metaphacts?
- Become part of a young, dynamic, and highly motivated international team with flat hierarchies and startup spirit
- As a valuable team member, you can bring in your own ideas and make personal progress while actively advancing our products and offerings
- Build up your personal network by helping us organize and participate in community events like meetups and conferences
- We offer flexible work times and hardware of your choice
Please submit your application via email, including CV with detailed work experience, qualifications, references, earliest start date and salary expectations.
Dr. Peter Haase
Tel: +49 6227 6989965+49 6227 6989965